Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Weeks 3 through 6

So we finally made it through the first 6 weeks!  I am told that the first 6 weeks are the hardest and once you make it through, then it starts to get better :)  Well I would definitely have to say that it is getting better.  Jade has been very fussy for most of her life so far and it has not been easy.  Mark and I have spent countless hours on "the ball"...which is a large exercise/yoga ball that we sit and bounce on while holding Jade in our arms.  We cannot go many places without the ball so that kind of limits the amount of places we can go!  The pediatrician started her on Zantac for acid reflux when she was 4 weeks old and that has definitely helped her, but she has still been what we like to call high-maintenance...she knows what she wants and it changes every 5 minutes.  We just have a hard time figuring it out! And yes, I know most of you are probably thinking "she sounds like she has her mother's personality"...and I would say you are exactly right :).  Though she sleeps pretty awesome through the night (sometimes up to 8 hours!) she doesn't like to take naps during the day.  The most she will sleep at one time is about 45 minutes!  

With that being said, we are starting to turn the corner a little bit.  Jade is smiling and cooing a lot of the time now and yesterday, I was able to get out of my pajamas without her screaming once!  She has also taken a few naps that lasted a couple hours! Despite her fussiness, she is an extremely precious, adorable little girl and Mark and I don't know what we would do without her.  Most people comment on how she looks like a Stoller baby.  So here are some pictures to see if you agree!


Jade on Dad's chest:





Her startle reflex is quite hilarious...here she is mid-startle:

My parents said I used to stretch like a cat when I was little.  Sure enough, so does Jade!  Here is a picture of her stretching like I used to do:



Jade is definitely a little chunk!  At her 1 month appt she was 92 percentile in weight and 89 in height :)  Here you can see her little fat rolls:


Jade had her first trip to Tanner's Orchard at about 3 1/2 weeks.  Here she is with the goats:

And a family picture by the pumpkins- or as my nephew Brady would say- "poomkins" :)



Ryan and Brittany dropped off dinner and stayed to hang out afterwards.  We had a great time- thanks guys!



We put Jade in a "swaddle pod" for a while because she was so good at getting her arms out of her blanket when we swaddled her!




She sometimes sleeps with her little hand by her cheek :)



This is so typical...Mark sometimes likes to irritate Jade a little...so he put her in his sweatshirt.  Needless to say, it ticked her off:



Here are some cute ones:




Grandma and Grandpa Fehr with Jade:





Here she is cashed out on my chest while I watch one of many episodes of the Gilmore Girls:



The infamous ball that we bounce and bounce and bounce on. Our niece Claire who is only a month older than Jade loves the ball too!  



She is starting to find her fingers and likes to suck on them :)



When Brady was little, he was extremely fussy too, so Emily let me borrow one of the only things that worked to calm him down!  These little spiders that move up and down have given me the chance to actually start a load of laundry!



Well that is all for now!  Until next time!

4 comments:

  1. She's so cute! It must be a dad thing to annoy their kids, cause Luke does it all the time too. She's getting so fat and rolly! (and I mean that in a good way!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Love those cheeks! Alex likes to irritate Claire as well...must be a stoller thing;) I was just wondering yesterday how many hours I've bounced on the "ball"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark sounds like Justin...Justin loves to irritate Sullivan a bit too :) I think it must be a daddy thing! Glad things are looking up; you'll make it, I promise. Also, does Jade like to be "worn?" I purchased a Moby wrap for Sully and it makes shopping a breeze! He is so content in it as long as he isn't hungry. Looking into an Ergobaby backpack carrier now that he will be 4 months soon. A friend recommended it!

    Love Bekah, Justin, Dallas & Sullivan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the pictures! It was great to see how much Jade's changed in person last Friday night!! Glad that things are getting better and loved catching up with you, too! I laughed out loud- I just showed Brady the pictures on your blog,and when he saw the Tanner's pictures, he was all excited and said "oh, look, the poom-kins!" :) Funny that you wrote exactly that! :)

    ReplyDelete